Acupuncture for A Healthy Life
As a Colorado native, I've always been passionate about an active healthy lifestyle. As an acupuncturist, I've turned this passion into education to support my patients in optimizing their health. Acupuncture provides a profound opportunity to increase our physical and mental emotion well-being.
I love supporting the community and offer a variety of services for all members of the family.
Regulating the Menstrual Cycle
- Acupuncture can improve egg quality and the health of the uterine lining
- Acupuncture can increase blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Acupuncture can regulate the endocrine glands and hormones responsible for a healthy cycle and regular ovulation.
- Acupuncture can reduce PMS symptoms and cycles associated pain levels
If you're looking for support through your menstrual cycles, I recommend starting acupuncture one to two times a week, and for at least 3 months, especially if you are wanting to get off birth control as a cycle regulator. . We will also go over dietary and lifestyle options to increase your chances for fertility or to support regulating your cycle.
Helping with IVF
- Acupuncture can improve IVF success rates
- Acupuncture can decrease uterine contractility
- Acupuncture can decrease chances of miscarriage
Numerous studies have shown that acupuncture significantly improves IVF outcomes with an increased number of births and lowered miscarriage rate. In one well-known German study (Paulus and Zhang), pregnancies were documented in 34 out of 80 patients (42.5%) in the acupuncture group as compared to 21 out of 80 patients (26.3%) in the control group.
If you are going through IVF, a pre and post acupuncture session is highly recommended as well as weekly sessions throughout your cycle.
Support for Men
- Acupuncture can improve sperm count and motility
- Acupuncture increases testicular blood flow
A study in Fertility and Sterility demonstrated that sperm quality and motility were improved after men received acupuncture treatments. the men treated experienced increased sperm motility levels, increased number and percentage of healthy sperm, and significant improvements in sperm structure and quality as compared to a control group.
- Acupuncture can aid in calming and clearing the mind
- Acupuncture can improve depression, grief, or anxiety
- Acupuncture can ease mental tension
- Acupuncture can improve the body's production and use of neurotransmitters that are responsible for mood
- Acupuncture can support the body's response to stress by balancing the production of stress hormones and feel-good hormones.
Studies have shown that acupuncture can reduce symptoms of anxiety by increasing neurotransmitters and hormones such as serotonin, noradrenaline, dopamine, and GABA, thereby combating the effects of stress and increasing a state of relaxation. (Lee, 2009, Cheng, 2009, and Zhou, 2008).
If you're interested in learning more about what acupuncture can do for you, please call me!